The Islanders Children's Foundation is a New York State not-for-profit foundation, qualified under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code as a public charity. Since its inception in 2003, the Islanders Children's Foundation has raised more than $10 million to help countless children in Long Island, New York City and around the world.
The Islanders Children's Foundation is dedicated to supporting the youth of the local community by providing opportunities to children. Not only does the ICF do this by working with local Long Island-based non-profit organizations but also created a variety of in-house programs. The foundation's main areas of focus are health, education and youth hockey development. Donations are raised for the foundation through the tireless efforts of Islanders players, management and employees, along with the support of loyal sponsors and fans.
The Islanders Children's Foundation raises awareness and funds through a variety of events and initiatives over the course of the year, including the Islanders Golf Outing, Casino Night, special themed jersey auctions and raffles, along with initiatives like Hockey Fights Cancer, NHL Green, Hockey is for Everyone among many others.
The Islanders believe in supporting our youth to help ensure a successful future. Children need the right opportunity to help them become fellow role models in their communities and the ICF helps in that process. We also see the hardships that surround many families on Long Island. These people deserve support from everyone in the community to make Long Island a better place and the Islanders take pride in helping lead in these tough circumstances.
Grant Application Policies & Procedures
In order to create consistency and fairness we ask organizations seeking grants to follow the guidelines listed below:
- Your organization must be a registered charitable 501(c)(3) organization
- You must provide your charitable identification number
- Written descriptive proposal including how your organization follows the philanthropic activities of the ICF, include 3 copies
- Copy of primary contacts drivers license
- Must receive proposal by May 31st of the given year
- Final notification not later then December 31st of given year
- No grants for purely person needs or individuals, no support for religious or sectarian purposes or social or fraternal organizations
- No grants to individuals or for deficit financing, matching gifts, or conferences
- No loans
- **Please note: Only proposals that are awarded are responded to and awarded proposals are awarded for the next calendar year
There are three easy ways to make a donation to the Islanders Children's Foundation:
- Click here to donate using our online secure server
- Call 516-501-6870
- Mail a check out to the Islanders Children's Foundation and mail to the following address:
Islanders Children's Foundation
Attn: Chris Vardaro
ISLANDERS EXECUTIVE OFFICE
200 MERRICK AVENUE
Uniondale, NY 11554
The Hope Process
The Islanders Children's Foundation has partnered with The Hope Process. The Hope Process was designed for one purpose; to provide charitable organizations with a steady stream of recurring monthly donations from merchants and businesses through the credit card processing of donations. The Hope Process enables the I.C.F. to receive additional funding on a monthly basis from donors.